Last modified: 4/1/21
Privacy Notice for California Residents
WalletGear values its customers and respects their privacy. We collect customer information in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests, and promotions. WalletGear recognizes that it must maintain and use customer information responsibly. We do not sell or rent the information you provide to us online to third parties.
If our information practices change in the future, we will let you know by posting the policy changes on our web site or by communicating directly with you. You will have the opportunity at that time to opt out of any new use of your information.
What kind of information does WalletGear collect?
The information we directly collect from you including but not limited to your name, bill to and ship to address, email address, credit card information and phone number when you place an order, save your information with us through creating an account, participating in a contest, promotion or survey, signing up for an account, and email newsletter. We also maintain a record of your product interests and your purchases made on our Site. Your credit card information is not stored on our servers except the last four digits and type of card. Billing information is stored and secured through PayPal or PayPal by Braintree payment processing system. The information we collect indirectly are cookies that remember your passwords, user preferences, etc. and your IP address which helps with risk and fraud screening, authentication, to block certain potentially fraudulent transactions for a period of time. Your personal information is used to personalize your experience, improve the website to better serve you, provide customer service support, efficiently process your requests or transactions, tailor advertisements to you, elicit reviews of services or products, provide you offers, promotions and to follow up with you through correspondence (typically by email).
We utilize Google Analytics and other log data software that collects information about your computer’s IP Address, browser information and type, Internet Service Provider’s information, and your operating system. Google Analytics collects information about your location, browsing history, on our site by the pages you visit, equipment you used to access the website, traffic patterns, and other general patterns related to your use of the website.
This information is used to analyze website statistics related to user behavior and interests, improve our performance and your use of the website and to further enhance our products and services offered to you. This website uses technologies like cookies, tags, scripts, and logs to capture details specific to your browsing patterns when you visit our website pages. We use third-party analytics packages to make sense of this data and understand how users interact with our site. Most of the information collected is not personally identifiable.
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, for example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
● remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
● monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
● let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
● remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
● control that your data is processed securely
This information is collected through cookies (see below)
How does WalletGear share my information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
- Brands: When you provide personal information to one of our Lamood Corporation brands (WalletGear or Lamood Big Hats), we may share that information with our other Lamood Corporation brands.
- By you: You may disclose personal information when you post content to our websites, social media pages, blogs and online product reviews. Any information that you disclose through these services will become public.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- Third Parties: We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- Legal Requirements: We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of Lamood Corporation or others.
- Business Transfer: In the unlikely event of a sale or merger of Lamood Corporation or any of our businesses, our customers' personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business asset.
- Other Disclosures: We also may share information about you as described at the point of collection or otherwise pursuant to your consent.
- We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Do we use "cookies"?
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How does WalletGear use your information?
- Process and track your order
- Provide the services you request
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Send promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Send you E-mail Newsletter, if you specifically request it
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Customize our communications to you
- Provide information concerning products you have purchased
- Improve our merchandise selection and customer service
- Administer a sweepstakes or similar promotion and identify or publicize the winner(s) in accordance with the rules for that promotion.
If you participate in a contest or promotion and requested to receive emails from us, you may receive email updates about our products, services, contests, and promotions. If at any time you would like us to remove you from our email feel free to contact WalletGear customer service via email.
From time to time, we may also send you emails to help us learn more about your shopping preferences. In addition, we may use information about your product interests and purchases to help us improve our site design and your shopping experience.
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online as well as information about your product interests and purchases. In addition, we may combine information you provide with demographic information that is publicly available. We use this combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, and to communicate with you by email or postal mail about our products, services, contests, and promotions that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information as described above, please contact us.
Order Information You Expressly Provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the “essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, called a "beacon," that we allow you to block.
How Do We Process Your Information?
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services. For example:
● Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information. PayPal and Braintree by PayPal
● Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders that include but not limited to USPS.
Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best: selling great products.
How to stop receiving email
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us through email, please let us know by sending us an email. Please also note that when you make a purchase, we will send you emails to confirm your order and may also need to contact you via phone, postal mail or email if we have other questions regarding your order.
Will holding personal data from us effect services?
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to provide us with Personal Data. In these situation, if you choose to withhold any personal data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your query.
International Privacy Laws
If you are visiting our site form outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information (including personal data) to the U.S. where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the U.S. or back out of the U.S. to other countries outside of your country of residence; depending on the type of information and how it is stored by us. These countries (including the U.S.) may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence; however, our collection, storage and use of your Personal Data will at all times continue to be governed by this policy.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU you have GDPR visitor rights, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object, Seek Restrictions, Processing, Withdraw. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will be more than happy to help.
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations such as tax and fraud detection.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the site or on or through any of its features/register on the site, make any purchases through the site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
Do Not Track Options
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. All information sent to this site is protected by SSL session (https), the industry standard in protecting against disclosure to third parties. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We are PCI compliant as well.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may contact us at any time to:
- - Request access to information to Lamood Corporation has about you
- - Correct any information we have about you
- - Delete information that we have about you
If you have any additional questions about our collection and storage of data, please contact us at:
Lamood Corporation 3831 Pelham Rd. Carmel, IN 46074 Contact Us